OverIT constantly carries out research projects, both directly and in collaboration with universities
Provided below are some experimental Research and Development projects implemented in cooperation with renowned universities and financed by the Friuli Venezia Giulia Region.
Methodologies and solutions to improve the energy efficiency of buildings – Ongoing project
Study and analysis of a series of innovative technologies aiming at improving the energy efficiency of buildings by introducing a prototype software solution which integrates the usage and control of various tools.
The prototype is aimed at effectively highlighting critical issues, better managing energy waste, detecting the energy consumption of a given building and reducing heat losses.
The hardware and software technologies under study:
- GIS systems to reconstruct and analyze external details of buildings;
- Integration with Google Project Tango and portable thermal sensor systems;
- IoT software/hardware systems for the real-time collection of data and the optimized management of energy consumption.
The objective of the study is to develop a system based on:
- Originality, that is to say searching for new technologies with different characteristics and merging their potential with the existing ones, thus evolving towards methods of use diverging from the usual ones;
- A holistic approach, that is to say testing of technologies in fields other than the traditional. Such an approach will allow for a better management of buildings and a better understanding of the mechanisms underlying the appropriate design and maintenance of structures which are both economically feasible and energy-efficient.
Eligible costs: 562,145.25 €
Contribution allocated: 225,622.19 € POR resources
Duration: 15 months (from 1/10/2016 to 31/12/2017)
GISpar – Monitoring of particulate matter to analyze air quality
In the context of the “Smart City” of the future a system has been studied in order to analyze and monitor atmospheric particulate matter. It allows to aggregate and use environmental information to decide upon mitigation and improvement actions and, at the same time, properly inform decision makers and citizens with the aim of preserving and improving air quality.
Augmented Reality supporting maintenance processes
The study focuses on the innovative use of Augmented Reality in technical and maintenance interventions with the aim of enhancing the perception of the environment in which the user is operating and reducing the complexity of field activities.
System for simulating and optimizing the structure of medium voltage power networks
Within the European energy-saving goals envisaged by the “20-20-20” strategy one or more algorithms have been identified with the purpose of optimizing smart power grids’ behavior and minimizing energy dissipation, thus reducing the environmental impact of distribution.